Friday, December 20, 2013

To Light and Clarity.




Let me start my post with adding my strength and support to Tracey in her fight with cancer.

I have always admired her paintings of teacups. 

This week I set myself a tiny goal. I came to an understanding with myself that I would sketch every day. Sketch whatever my heart dictated, go wherever my heart took me. So, with such a decision came a quick succession of sketches, and one of the sketches I did was of few cups and saucers.

I dedicate my teacup sketch (although not anywhere near as awesome as Tracey's wonderful teacups) to dear Tracey and wish her lots of happiness. 






Somehow, in the decades I spent at work and its breathless pace I had lost touch with who I am.  After quitting my full time job, I spent time to connect with myself, find out what I really enjoy and what fulfills my soul. The Creative path I chose to walk on made me understand not to undervalue my own views and ideas. I want 2014 to be a year of greater clarity, and see where this journey takes me. Yes, clarity is my word for the year, greater clarity to be myself - fearlessly, heartfully.
 


My sketch everyday project produced the works that I want to share with you this week.










Art Journal Journey, always full of inspiration, has the December theme of ‘Light and Dark’ and, after I sketched Gollum, I realized he suits the prompt very well. 





Linking with AJED, CED, PPF, AIB where the Scavenger Hunt Challenge is underway.



19 comments:

  1. Wow, great work on all your drawings. I enjoyed them and loved the teacups you painted for Tracey. Nice job. Happy Holidays to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy PPF, loving all your fab sketches. Have a wonderful Christmas time, hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. those teacups are just wonderful; have a nice Friday

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the teacups and the sketches are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of wonderful sketching! I love the little plant in a blue pot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. excellent and thoughtful painting

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your teacups are wonderful I love them! Love your word of the year too!! The other sketches are all great!! Wishing you a nice holiday season and wonderful creative New Year!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love all of the pieces you have presented today. Each piece has so much depth. Well done
    Wishing you happy holidays
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those teacups are pretty awesome! Tracey will love them:-) Well done for sketching every day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent sketches and wonderful tribute to Tracy ~ may she be healed soon ~ Merry Xmas to you ~ carol, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful drawings. :) Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. those are gorgeous drawings!
    I love them all!
    Happy Holydays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the words and tea cups and I love that you draw every day. One of the things I hate most about all this is that I no longer draw daily but time is flying past and before I know it I will be back to it and until then I can enjoy your wonderful daily drawings. Have a wonderful Christmas and new year and thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. your sketches are wonderful. I especially love the teacups for Tracey!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is so wonderful that your are reconnecting with your creative self. I love your teacup sketch too. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your sketches are wonderful - those teacups are so simple and lovely

    ReplyDelete
  17. lots of wonderful drawings!!!
    love them all.

    Happy christmas,HugsJeannette

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy when you comment. It gives me the push to go on painting, writing. Thank you so much!