Dramatis Personae

Throughout our lives, we don so many roles, it sometimes becomes so melded together.  
The Jungian concept of 'anima' and 'persona' becomes indistinguishable. 
Who are we? 
Are we what we project of ourselves?
Or, do we become what we want others to think of us?


Masks that grinned, glared or daydreamt


A Mask that spoke to me one day, when the sun shone and blue beetles danced, said in gruff tones,
 I am a mask
 Blue as a velvety night or orange as a bright sunrise 

 I am the denizen of the mold
 I melt into its soul
 I can be my dream
 I can even be my own nightmare
 I am a whiff of thin smoke...



Yes, be aware, because, as Kurt Vonnegut says,  We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

(Pic are all mine unless otherwise stated.)  



Comments

Popular Posts