Goodbyes - Poem for The Mag




Goodbyes


I did not want to
Say goodbye to you.
I did not want to
Look into your eyes
And say, “This is it.”
I did not want you to slip away
Your touch, your look 
And your words
To be tucked into 
My memories forever.
I did not want to
Hear the pain in your voice
I did not want to see,
Flashing like fireflies,
Helpless, doomed, 
Silent appeals in your eyes.
I know you did not want to leave me either
You never said goodbye 
You never said, “This is it.”
Maybe goodbyes are crosses
We do not have to bear.

Written by me, Zafaran for The Mag151



Comments

  1. This is so sad and beautiful. A quiet pondering working its way through heartache at the penultimate moment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Iam happy and thankful when I get genuine comments.
Spammers are definitely not welcome. Move on.

Popular Posts